Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ed Ruscha



Here's another of Ed Ruscha, from around the same time as the one of Paul. It was part of series I did several years ago of artists, actors and friends. Each person sat for me for no more than 2 hours (by design), and everyone was "treated' similarly, small and "cropped" like this one. I always liked this one of Ed, but it's owned by artist Don Bachardy, so I only had a small image to post from a photo. BTW, Don Bachardy's one of the best portraitists alive today. He painted mine twice, one 20 years ago and once recently. 

1988, Oil on Paper, image size, 6" x 8" approx.  

1 comment:

Kameron said...

Hi, this is Kameron. I stumbled across your website and really liked the paintings.

I first learned of Ed Ruscha in the early 1990s when I read that his son was a member of the rock group Medicine. I liked their first album, so I went to the library and looked up some of Ruscha's art.

Great blog, I plan on returning. The Muddy Waters album cover definitely should-have-been.